Tuesday 19 June 2007

The idea

I have written an entire book about intuitive eating, originally in the hope to have it published and that it would help anybody who would read it.

Recently, I’ve thought about it some more and I think I want to remain anonymous, so I have given up on the idea of having my book published. Also, I haven’t lost as much weight as I think I can by following my own principles, so I don’t think I would be taken seriously. ‘Who is she to tell us what to do when she’s obviously not quite there herself?’ is the type of comment that might welcome me if I ever tried to send my book to a publisher.

However, I still like the idea very much, and I still want to help people on their path to recovery from food addiction or overeating or whatever they want to call it. So I have decided to write a blog about it all – my experiences, my book, my diaries, my ongoing (though fading) struggle.

In this blog, I will probably mix it all up – some lines from my book, some lines from my diaries, and some lines about the present and my current problems (yes, they do recur every now and again).

There was a time when I thought that it was probably better to stop thinking about it completely and live life to the full. This only lasted for a few months. My demons are coming back slowly. And I now know that the only way forward is to think about them again, write about them, and provide advice – to myself and to others. When I write with people in mind, I also write with ‘me’ in mind, and so I help myself by helping others – and, hopefully, vice versa.

Welcome to my blog!

No comments: