Wednesday 20 June 2007

G for 'guilt'

I’m finding it hard to stop and ask myself this question during the day, so I’ve decided to sit down and write it all out here.

Why can’t I stop eating when I’m full?
Why can’t I decide that enough is enough, before I eat the last crumb?
Why do I think that food is good and I can’t live without its nice taste in my mouth?
What makes me believe that this problem will never be solved, not entirely, not really?
How can I change my beliefs about myself, about my ability to solve this problem?
Do I really want to change?

I feel guilty for not trying hard enough.
I feel guilty for not being there for one of my friends who needs me right now.
I feel guilty for taking too much on.
I feel guilty for not doing enough.
I feel guilty, guilty, guilty, and this is not helping my eating patterns!

Therefore, I MUST stop feeling guilty.

No comments: