Friday 6 July 2007

Candle

...And so today, I ate mindfully, and it was a real delight! I even lit up a candle, as advised by Audrey and Sophie in Beyond Chocolate, and I decided that I would light it up for every meal eaten at home, as a reminder to think about what I eat and to pause halfway through the meal to ask myself ‘Am I satisfied yet?’ and to stop eating if I am.

It’s a bit painful, after all this time, to have to start from scratch again, but I know, from experience, that it’s only temporary (the pain, that is!). I’m back on track and it will be second nature again before I know it.

Every time, it’s easier to get back on track, and the ‘slipping’ doesn’t last half as long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back not hungry but...
it's not starting all over - it's just carrying on with the journey :-)
The Chocolate Fairy

Not Hungry But... said...

Very true, thank you Chocolate Fairy! It's a loooonnnng journey, but it's well worth it!