Monday 21 April 2008

Apologies

I feel quite bad. I feel like I have let other women down. Not that many people have been reading my blog, but still, quite a few seem to have done so in the past, and still do these days. But in October, I stopped blogging. It was for a very good reason: I felt healed. I felt whole. I felt that I didn't want to write about it, didn't want to focus on it, because there was no need any more. Total recovery was on my doorstep, it was time to let it happen. I had doubts at first, of course, but as always, I listened to my instinct and my body. It's now been six months and I can truly say that I am a recovered foodaholic.

Yes, I think that unlike alcoholics, who can only ever say that they are recovering alcoholics, I believe that once you are an intuitive eater, you are so for good. You may still have moments of doubts as to your ability, you may still want to binge a little occasionally, but it's so rare, and it's so 'without horrible consequences', that I think it's possible to be recovered for good. At the moment - and for the past few months - I feel recovered. I am free from all thoughts about food, weight, chocolate, addiction, whatever. I am free. And so I haven't had the desire to write about any of it in here. When you are truly free, you don't need to dwell on anything linked to your previous prison. You want to move on and never look back.

Hence my silence.

My hope is that I will never write another post in here. But at the same time, I would like to help other women achieve what I've achieved. So you never know. I might write again, just to give some more tips.

Perhaps just this message of hope will help you. All I can say is that if I could do it, so can ANYBODY else. I was so deep in these food problems that I really thought I would never get out of them. But I have. Out of sheer perseverance, and trusting my body. You MUST know this:

THERE IS NOT OTHER WAY TO DO IT.

You have to go through all the stages, one by one. Overeat to your heart's content, listening to your body, then little by little you WILL eat less, I promise, and THEN will come the weight loss and the carelessness about food and weight. As long as you make weight loss your priority, you will not achieve anything, not even the weight loss itself. It's cruel, but that is how it works. You have to keep at it, keep going, trust the 'rules' of intuitive eating, trust your body and instinct, and keep trying. It is the only way.

I wish you all well. May you all succceed in your endeavours to become intuitive eaters.

Not Hungry But...

No comments: