Monday 8 October 2007

Tip of the day

I've noticed lately that a lot of the time, I'm absolutely starving but then I find that I actually don't need to eat much to satisfy my hunger. However, I often find myself still eating beyond satiety, because I think 'Well, if I was that hungry, surely I need a lot of food to quieten my hunger'. After many meals when that happened recently, I realised it wasn't true.

So while that kind of hunger used to scare me a little, feeling like I could eat the whole world, now if I feel very hungry before eating, I always remind myself 'Remember, it's not because you're very hungry that you need lots of food. It just means that you're hungry.'

It reassures me a lot and then I end up eating less.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thank you for that tip. When I get to the point that I'm so hungry I think I'm going to need to eat like a horse to satisfy it. I know I don't from experience but sometimes it takes someone else to tell you.

If you have time, please take a look at my blog at http://findingserenitywithinme.blogspot.com/

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for an inspiring blog...keep up the great work.
Sarah